Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Doing Something Together

Children grow so fast. It is actually surprising. You see them everyday and if you really study their behavior, they change everyday in more ways than one.

My son is now 10 years old. He turned 10 last December 31, 2009. Yes, he was a Millennium Baby born in Voorhees, New Jersey. I can still remember when I carried him in my arms and let the morning sun shine on him. I was the first to person who let the sun see him.

Today, at his age, he likes doing so many things. If he can do two or three things at the same time, he will. I always scold him when he uses my laptop with the television on and, on top of that, he dingles with that tiny skateboard toy while at it.

The thing is, we adults too have lots of diversions with us. We have work, friends, television, hobbies, pets, our spouse and a lot, lot more. If you think about it, we are more subjected to many things that will divert our attention to the most important people in our life- Our Children.

I have a hobby. It's called Plastic Scale Modeling. I have been doing it when I was a kid. Today, I do it a lot more. I pulled my son into the hobby. Yes, at times, against his will. But it is the only way I can shoo him away from playing video games that are non-productive or watching television for hours that is also non-productive. But to my surprise, he loves doing it. I just don't force him to do it often. I give him time to do his stuff. I also make it a point to do things that he likes together.

Now, the day is almost done. My son is tired and asleep. Time to kiss him goodnight. He hates being kissed!

Noel

No comments: